Burritos or Tacos? Where do you stand on this important issue?
What about the Tostada?
I love a good burrito. I cannot claim to have eaten a burrito a day as my friend, Joe, did throughout graduate school. I can claim to satisfy huge burrito cravings after long mountain bike rides. Fortunately, my mountain bike buddy, Erick also loves a good burrito, albeit a bit hotter and more omnivorous.
What works what doesn’t (my rankings for the burrito joints both sides of the Santa Cruz Mountains)
- Andale in Los Gatos has a delicious veggie burrito with a scrumptious side salad.
- Planet Fresh has so many options: wet burritos, brown rice, whole wheat tortillas, etc. in Santa Cruz
- Una Mas in Campbell has a nice variety of fresh salsas and a well stuffed burrito.
- Los Gallos in Scotts Valley has grilled serrano peppers and horchata and jamaica very traditional.
- We do not like Taqueria Vallarta at all, and will take Chipotle instead.
That’s it. Our burrito picks for our place.
My mom always orders a tostada on a steamed corn tortilla with beans, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, rice and avocado.
This is the healthiest option. Plenty of greens, low fat and packed with flavor- after she pours the table salsa over her entire salad.