Lunch on the go.
I ran out of the house to go surfing this morning with an apple, a cinnamon roll with vegan cream cheese, a banana and some water. That was as inspiring as I could get, since there was a whale circling off the coast.
Here are some other snacks I keep within reach, so that when I have to dash my blood sugar doesn’t drop dramatically:
- fruits that are portable like apples, bananas, oranges
- cut up veggies like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower
- peanut butter or hummus (sometimes these are sold in small packets or they fit perfect in a tiny Tupperware)
- crackers such as Stoned Wheat Crackers, Rice Crackers, Woven Wheat Crackers
- water in a reusable bottle, also good for juice or nut milks
- nuts a handful of almonds, peanuts, cashews
- fruit leather or dried fruits such as apricots, cherries, apples, persimmons