I was MIA from the Vegan Mofo III thanks to a technology holiday offered by my buggy computer. It is back and working thanks to my partner in Mofoing from Wok on the Wildside. In addition to his technical savvy, Tofu seems to be on the same page once again with his tribute to John Robbins as Vegan Hero of the Week.
Here’s a bit of what I did:
1. I went for a long swim with my mom and about 15 dolphins in the Pacific Ocean. If you love marine mammals visit the Marine Mammal Center in San Pedro, CA.
2. I learned how to knit with a Sip and Stitch group in South Pasadena.
3. I saw hermit crabs, sea stars, anemones, sculpin and an octopus! in the tide pools at Crystal Cove in Newport Beach.
4. I visited Tanaka Farms, a local CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) for their pumpkin patch, veggie festival.
5. We saw the Lagunatics, a show made even funnier when it is your dad on stage in drag.
6. I caught the first rain of the season, in buckets.
7. Can you read this? If so, you might like to help tutor an adult who can’t through a program at your local library- I volunteer with Pasadena Reads.
9. I am still deciding what I think about fake meats. We enjoyed some wonderfully authentic ones, with Tofu et al at the Veggie Grill.
10. For the umpteenth time, I listened to Barbara Kingsolver’s audio book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.