1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
M&C versions 1-10, Kabocha Pumpkin Soup, and Herb/Spice quick guides
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Braggs or Tamari with Creole Seasoning
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Meal failure? I believe there are only lessons learned that I relegate to the compost pile.
5. Favorite pickled item?
6. How do you organize your recipes?
That is the trouble isn’t it?
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Compost all veggie, fruit scraps, leaves etc, Sheet Mulch with newspaper and junk mail, redeem CRV for all bottles, cans and plastic.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Sweet potatoes, Reeds Premium Ginger Ale, and a Crusty Seeded Whole Wheat Sourdough bread.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
My mom made me pink soup because it was my favorite color- nevermind it looked like Pepto Bismol and had heavy cream and hot dogs in it. It was pink!
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Rice Dream used to make a Mocha Almond Fudge oh where oh where has it gone?
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
My Oster Blender my mom had when she was 20, still going strong.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
The Good Earth from the restaurant at UC Santa Cruz, back when being vegetarian meant strict protein combining- aka beans must accompany brown rice.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Anything berry, except straw.
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Stuffed Baked Potatoes or Tostadas.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Seitan, of course.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
The big skillet’s lid, a red trivet, a handmade ceramic vase by Lou Vaccerro holding all our chopsticks (sorry they are vertical!), and the wi-fi router.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Two gallon bags of sliced Peaches! Cranberries and ice cubes.
20. What’s on your grocery list?
What grocery list? I tend to go to the market to see what is fresh and local, then build my meals around that. Oh and yea I guess, Almond milk, Rice milk and soy cheese always seem to be there too.
21. Favorite grocery store?
The local farmer’s market, Market World (All things Asian) and Superking (All things Armenian, Latin and Russian)
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
The pink soup.
23. Food blog you read the most. Or maybe the top 3?
See my To Do list…
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
There is vegan candy!?
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Puff pastry dough.
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Anything with fangs.